Handcrafted Twig Spoon
PRE-ORDER - This item will not ship until the end of September
The wooden Twig Spoon has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
Add this item to a play kitchen set up and delight in the adventurous play treats you are sure to be served up.
Each piece is unique and tells the story of the crafts-person selecting the piece of timber and shaping it by hand to bring out the beauty in each piece.
A delightfully delicate spoon perfect for stirring pots or scooping.
Dimensions: 22.5cm x 3cm
Made from Sapele, a Vietnamese plantation timber. Finished with food-grade vegetable oil. Please see our product care instructions.
This practical piece has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
* Due to the organic nature of this product colour may vary from the images here. Some spoons are dark and some are lighter depending on the season and available materials. If you have a preference for dark or light please leave it in the notes on the order.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade bee's wax.
To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water - a dunk and play is ok
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee's wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
Tay Tạo is an Australian company committed to sourcing high-quality products from Vietnam. Founder, Ange has personally visited many of the factories and villages where the product is sourced in Vietnam to ensure transparency in the supply chain. We work with Vietnamese social enterprises that promote Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.
In Vietnamese, Tay Tạo loosely means 'hand made' and each item has this imprinted on the back as a reminder of craftmanship and care taken to make each one individual.