Handcrafted Looped Spoon
$12.95or make 4 interest-free payments of $3.23 fortnightly with More info
This product is currently sold out.
This practical piece has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
Each piece is unique and tells the story of the crafts-person selecting the piece of timber and shaping it by hand to bring out the beauty in each piece.
- Dimensions: 12.5cm x 5cm
- Made from Sapele, a soft Vietnamese plantation timber that is ideal for hand-carving
- Finished with food-grade vegetable oil
Due to the organic nature of this product colour may vary from the images here. Some spoons are dark and some are lighter depending on the season and available materials. If you have a preference for dark or light please leave it in the notes on the order.
Please note this item is NOT the limited edition version with gum leaf engraved on the bottom. These have the word Tay Tao printed underside which means handcrafted in Vietnamese.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade bee's wax. To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water - a dunk and play is ok
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee's wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
We work with Vietnamese social enterprises that promote Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.